Happy Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus!
This feast day celebrates the love of Jesus for whole mankind. Jesus appeared to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque in the 17th century and informed her in several visions that he had chosen her to spread devotion to His Sacred Heart.Jesus asked that the feast of the Sacred Heart be established which we celebrate 19 days after Pentecost.
Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
O most holy heart of Jesus, fountain of every blessing, I adore you, I love you, and with lively sorrow for my sins I offer you this poor heart of mine. Make me humble, patient, pure and wholly obedient to your will. Grant, Good Jesus, that I may live in you and for you. Protect me in the midst of danger. Comfort me in my afflictions. Give me health of body, assistance in my temporal needs, your blessing on all that I do, and the grace of a holy death. Amen.
The Twelve Promises of Our Lord, to persons and families who honor His Sacred Heart,
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will establish peace in their families.
- I will bless every house and those places in which the image of my Heart shall be exposed and venerated.
- I will console them in all their difficulties.
- I will be their refuge in life and especially at the hour of death.
- I will shed blessings abundantly on all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in my Heart a fountain and infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection.
- I will grant to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
- Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names eternally written in my Heart never to be erased.
- I promise you, in the excess of the mercy of my Heart, that my all powerful love will grant to all those who will receive Communion on the First Friday of the month, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in my displeasure, nor without their sacraments; and my Divine Heart will be their safe refuge in that last hour.